<< Back to: ICLEI e-News | issue 17, January 2009
Local Renewables Freiburg 2009 27-29 April, City of Freiburg, Germany
Sustainable energy in the urban environment is the focus of this exciting event, starting a multi-year series. Local governments play an important role in transforming our communities into the post-carbon age with renewable energy (RE), energy efficiency (EE) and energy savings as major cornerstones. We expect participants representing local governments, their partners, decision-makers from various levels of government, energy service providers and business representatives and universities in the field. Join us - learn, share, get new ideas, network and speak up!
From model to mainstream
The Local Renewables Conferences in Freiburg will be the platform for both advanced actors and those starting their local energy transformation. The conferences profile:
- Advanced cities meet their peers: A meeting place for the 100% RE communities, flagships of their regions, award winners and model communities.
- Practical tools for practitioners: A learning place for shaping and implementing policies to benefit from RE and EE, as well as energy savings. Addressing: How to get started? Which tools are useful? How has it been done?
- Preparing political ground: A discussion place on indispensable national and international framework conditions for local implementation of global energy and climate targets, with clear signals to the current climate negotiations for a post-2012 climate agreement.
- Mobilising and capacity for action: From kindergarten to university – how to prepare the new generation for the post-carbon age? Practical examples, exhibition, workshops and more.
- Sustainable energy in reality: Demonstration place for Green Cities, municipal models and tools, practices and technical solutions, Freiburg Green City as tour ground.