<< Back to: ICLEI e-News | issue 13, September 2008
EcoMobility - Internship
At the Global Alliance for EcoMobility Secretariat in Bonn, Germany
The Global Alliance for EcoMobility is a cross-sectoral partnership for the integrated promotion of walking, cycling, wheeling and ‘passenging’ (use of public transport). Our members are global leaders from the business, user, expert and governmental sectors.
The Alliance was launched at the UN Climate Conference in Bali, Indonesia in December 2007. Please see www.ecomobility.org for the Alliance’s vision and mandate.
The Alliance Secretariat seeks an Intern to support the implementation of the Alliance’s workplan. The intern will support the Secretary General in:
- recruiting further partners from the Business, User, Expert and Government sectors
- editing the website
- edit Executive Newsletters to Alliance members
- researching facts & figures on the EcoMobility industry and market
preparing project proposals
Term and conditions:
Six months, starting in October or November 2008; office location is in Bonn, Germany; a modest internship salary will be paid.
- show enthusiasm for the cause of ecomobility, especially non-motorized transport (walking-cycling-wheeling) and public transport (‘passenging’) have experience in research and analysis, preferably of industry and product sectors
- have an organized working style and show organizing skills
- are able to work and communicate in excellent English
- bring good writing skills and communication manners
- are proficient in Microsoft Office
- ability in the web content management system (Typo3) would be an asset
- have European citizenship or a valid work permit for Germany
Please apply immediately to email@example.com
- economics or business administration
- urban planning and design
- transport planning, or
- communication, marketing and PR
- Association, business or NGO experience will be an asset.
Send fax or email job application including:
- letter of motivation
- detailed CV with photo
- confirmation of EU citizenship or valid work permit for Germany
- indication of availability date
Send by 30 September 2008 to:
Global Alliance for EcoMobility
Telefax: +49-761 / 36892-29
Reference (in subject line): “EcoMobility Intern”
Telephone interviews will take place on 16-17 October.
Download a PDF of this job description