<< Back to: ICLEI e-News | issue 19, March 2009
Results of ICLEI Executive Committee Elections
April 09, 2009
The following local government representative have been successfully elected to ICLEI Executive Committee. After submitting the signed copy of the ICLEI Code of Honor they will be eligible to take their seat on the Executive Committee.
- Ms. Marian Nieuwoudt, City of Cape Town, South Africa, Councilor, Member of Mayoral Committee on the Environment
- Lord Mayor Kadokawa, Daisaku, City of Kyoto, Japan
- Lord Mayor Kim Yong-Seo, City of Suwon, Republic of Korea
- Vice Mayor Ra, Jin-Goo, City of Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Ms. Martha Delgado-Peralta, City of Mexico, Mexico, Environment Secretary
- Mr. Eduardo Jorge Martins Alves Sobrinho, City of São Paulo, Municipal Secretary for Environment
- Mr. David Cadman, City of Vancouver, Councillor
- Ms. Cathy Oke, City of Melbourne, Australia, Councillor
- Mr. Peter Matic, City of Brisbane Queenland, Australia, Chairman Environment, Parks and Sustainability Committee
- Mr. Aniruddhe Mukerjee, City of Gwalior, Secretary Transport and Managing Director
- Ms. Hansa Patel, All India Institute of Local Self Government, Executive Director
- Mayor Per Bødker Andersen, City of Kolding, Denmark
- Mayor Jyrki Myllyvirta, City of Lahti, Finland
- Lord Mayor Dieter Salomon, City of Freiburg, Germany
- Mayor Stephen Kabuye, City of Entebbe, Uganda (Immediate Past Vice-President)
World Congress 2009
The 2009-2012 term will begin on 18 June 2009 at the ICLEI Council Meeting in Edmonton, Canada during ICLEI World Congress 2009. Learn more about Executive Committee for 2006-2009.
Success of new online platform
The ICLEI World Secretariat would like to thank its Members for voting in the 2009-2012 Executive Committee Elections. 99% of the votes were cast through ICLEI's new online election platform. According to the post-election survey, filled by 60% of respondants, 97% were satisfied with the online platform.